The COVID-19 pandemic threatened worldwide education systems. This contributing to close-outs in classrooms, colleges, and universities. To prevent the transmission of COVID-19, several countries across the world have effectively closed educational facilities. About 1,725 billion students are potentially threatened by closing schools as a result of the pandemic by 27 July 2020. UNICEF’s analysis indicates that 106 countries have regional closures, and 55 are introducing local closures, impacting about 98.6 percent of the student population worldwide.
The loss of hours of education is not the only consequence of the COVID 19 crisis. To encourage social security, housing, care, and psychosocial help for children and young people, schools are often an essential part of schooling. Moreover, school openings are often harmful to social and economic challenges such as education declines, internet breakdowns, food protection and poverty, child care, and impairment. Due to covid19 impact on the education system, school openings can have a significant effect on social and economic concerns.
What does COVID-19 mean?
- COVID-19 is a new coronavirus type outbreak. The terms “CO” mean corona, “VI” mean virus, and “D” says disease. The current virus is a modern virus belonging to the same class of viruses as Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) and other specific forms of cold. This virus was once named ‘2019 latest coronavirus’ or ‘2019-nCoV.’ The virus has spread through direct contact with an infected person’s respiratory droplets (induced through coughing and sneezing). Individuals can also be infected and affect virus-contaminated surfaces (e.g., the eyes, mouth, nose) and their faces. For many hours, COVID-19 can stay on objects; however, quick disinfectants will remove it.
Impacts of COVID -19 on education system:
Due to covid19 impact on the education system, families and education sectors provide some essential insights from the effect of the movement to new learnings. In reality, the future of education has not only been turned into online classes but also into interactive training.
- If the Wi-Fi is unstable or the interface is confusing, technology plays a significant part in online learning. Afterward, it is very challenging for individual instructors and students to detach themselves from a computer screen to study and teach. While covid19 impact on the education system is likely to change when people get to know the latest online learning program more and more, it is always frustrating to have encountered.
- Throughout covid19 impact on the education system, young people must have a routine for preserving their consistency and encouragement. The sudden end to personal classes rendered it much easier for students to adequately handle their time and be successful all day long.
- It is no secret that most of our parents are unwilling to fulfill this semester ‘s position as teachers – particularly those who operate from home. Because of the COVID-19 impact on the education system, transformation to online learning has put parents in an awkward position as many individuals failed to deal with their job and homework. Parents working as providers in safety or on the front line are required to either pursue childcare or take up responsibilities. It has put extra burdens on communities, and there might also be a financial burden.
Consequences of school closure in COVID-19:
- The school closures due to covid19 impact on the education system, have provided a broader view of other challenges surrounding access to schooling, including more general socio-economic concerns. Because of the immediate or permanent countrywide closing of schools required by governments to control covid19 impact on the education system, the children and adolescents will not attend school. Closures influenced almost 90% of students worldwide on 29 March.
- Due to covid19 impact on the education system, this often includes significant social and economic effects as school closures are temporary. Abnormalities influence the population of various demographic classes. Still, their impact on vulnerable children and their communities becomes more severe through interrupted schooling, inadequate feeding, healthcare, and consequent economic burdens for unworkable households. This is particularly important for needy students, who do not have the requisite parental resources alone.
Impacts of COVID -19 in education situation in Bangladesh:
- In Bangladesh. All educational establishments in the country have suspended since 17 March. Undoubtedly, the lack of learning resources is the primary and most urgent effect of COVID 19 on schooling. Around 36 million children are out of school today (including 17 million primary school students). During his Thursday’s budgetary debate to the National Parliament, Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal has stated that covid19 impact on the education system in Bangladesh has effectively forced around 40 million students around the country to quit daily academic teaching methods.
- The epidemic won’t be natural for the students who live at school during the pandemic. As income decreases in general, increased out-of-pocket expenditure on schooling, particularly for low-income households, would eventually decrease. Teaching efficiency may also decline. Many students can transfer from low-cost private schools to overcrowded public schools. The inexpensive private schools serving lower-medium-sized families and operating on small margins could face an existential crisis. Besides, with a fall in the economy, it could be the best school teachers who could first switch jobs.
Significant opportunities for the education industry in COVID-19 situation:
- While students have lost their learning environment in the classroom, many online learning sites strive to enable students to achieve a successful semester through free online courses.
- Worldwide learning channels, like Khan Academy and Coursera, both assist online schools through homework. The covid19 impact on the education system has contributed to more conveniently usable and commonly distributed academic tools.
- Remote teaching has been made open to students worldwide due to networking and teamwork tools, including Zoom and Microsoft Teams. Remote education enabled online learning to continue and offered students the chance to ask questions and connect like in the classroom.
- The integration of everyday practices and principles in illness prevention and control ensures the material is sensitive to old age, class, race, impairment, and that current subjects involve activities.
- Motivate children to speak about their problems and worries. Explain that it is common to have various responses and urge them, should they have any doubts or concerns, to talk to their teachers. Provide accurate, age-specific information. Learn how to support their peers and prevent exclusion and bullying.
Because of the COVID -19 impact on the education system, the educational environment this year has been genuinely different. About every sector has forcefully adjusted to the unexpected global pandemic, with the training industry no exception. Students worldwide have been cast for a loop, trying, in an online environment, to not only accommodate the digital classroom. While it was a bumpy transfer to online classes, both students’ and teachers’ persistence and dedication have incredible because the teaching method is defining the modern standard together.